Here you'll find some resources which I hope you'll find helpful in your designing journey. I try to keep this list up to date, so check back.
- A+ Pattern Checklist (downloadable PDF)
- Working with a Tech Editor (blog post)
- Let's Talk About Style Consistency (blog post)
Craft Yarn Council Symbols
- Downloadable symbols (webpage) - make sure to credit the source, see blog post below for instructions.
- Using Craft Yarn Council Symbols (blog post)
- Craft Yarn Council's Downloadable Guidelines (PDF) - sizing charts, needle sizes, standard abbreviations ... all in one printable PDF.
- Ysolda Teague's Sizing Charts (webpage)
- Adult Hand Size Charts (webpage)
- Child Hand Size Charts (webpage)
- Stitchmastery - knit.
- Envisioknit - knit.
- Stitch Fiddle - knit and crochet.
- PatternGenius - knit (good for iPad - but can only use with Apple products).
- Stitchworks - crochet.
- Inkscape - theoretically either, but generally used for crochet. Here's a tutorial on making crochet charts in Inkscape.
Other Fun Links